Please answer these questions carefully and ensure you check with parents before conducting any of the experiments.
Quiz to be completed by May 11th at the latest.
- What starts at Lake Itasco in Minnesota?
- Which river carries the most water?
- What is the beginning of a river called?
- What connects the Amazon, the Nile, the Yangtze, the Volga, the Murray-Darling and Onyx rivers?
- What is believed to have formed when the Colorado river started carving through layers of volcanic rock and sediment between 5-6m years ago.
- Can you explain how you can separate the solid ingredients of rice, salt and pasta (can you explain the name of the process involved and how it is done).
- We all know that sugar dissolves in water, but can you reverse this process! You will need some plastic cups, water and sugar and hint: different places to leave the cups. Explain what happened.
- What metal that can be a liquid at room temperature?
- How, according to many scientists, are the world’s approximate 1.5 billion cows contributing to global warming?
- Can you think of an interesting experiment that you can show the class – you will need to plan what resources you need, decide if it is safe, practice it at home and provide a scientific explanation to accompany it.
The answers must either be word processed or written out neatly on an A4 piece of paper. Thank You!