DO YOU WANT TO TEST YOUR WORLD WAR II KNOWLEDGE?
IF YOU DO PLEASE HAND IN YOUR ANSWERS ON PAPER BY FRIDAY 28th SEPTEMBER – Please don’t write the answers on the Blog for obvious reasons
- Which US general vowed “I shall return” after he was driven out of the Philippines by the victorious Japanese in 1942?
- The official Japanese surrender, on 2 September 1945, took place on which US Battleship, moored in Tokyo Bay?
- When did Japan bomb Pearl Harbour?
- Name 5 cities other than London that were bombed during the Blitz?
- What was Operation Neptune commonly known as?
- What was the codename given to the German invasion of Russia?
- During the Blitz, when the first German bombers were spotted, the siren sounded with a loud wailing noise, what was this often called by the people?
- What was the name of the Disney film, set during the Blitz with child characters Charlie, Carrie and Paul?
- In what country was Adolf Hitler born?
- How many different Big 3 (Britain, Soviet Union and U.S.A.) Allied leaders were there during World War II?
- What have these two statements got to do with the war effort? A) Wounds my heart with a monotonous languor B) John has a long mustache